I have discovered that hanging things off the back of the bike seat head-rest really opens up space for important front basket items, like Maurielle's scooter which she forgot to take to school that day.
Hollis is my ever happy passenger. When going down the "cliffs of insanity" she yells out, "Go, Mommy, go!" and "Wahoooo!"
One of these days I will get a picture of a bike visit to Hanamasa, my favorite discount grocery store. I am quite a sight with the basket and child seat full and multiple bags hanging precariously off the handle bars. It's a bit difficult to navigate around people when fully loaded down, which accounts for my continual bell ringing, accompanied by the slightly harried yelling of, "Sumimasen!" (excuse me).
Tracey is modeling what I mean...
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
My shiny, silver, all weather vehicle...
I traded in my fully loaded silver Odyssey for something better, a battery-motored city bike--complete with front basket and child seat on the back. The battery makes all the difference when commuting up the three intense hills (aka the "Cliffs of Insanity") on the way to Maurielle's school. Now if I could just find a restaurant that handles window service to bike commuters I would be in business...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How did I miss this blog... hmmmm you are WAY cuter on your bike than your blonde friend... she could use some help... oh well, I guess we can't have it all. Love the bike, love the bike, love the bike... your bike is your best friend in Tokyo... sorry hubbies?!
Post a Comment